I’ll be the first one to admit it that in terms of this blog I’ve been more than lacking lately. I’ve been filling my mind with excuse after excuse to justify why I haven’t been able to update. I’m tired, I’m busy, I don’t have time, I’ll do it later, just to name a few. I’m human just like everyone else and I realize at times I easily find myself distracted from my goals. As the past month went by and I saw my lack of content on this blog finally understood that I need to change some things to get back on track. After a week reflecting and regrouping, I thought I would share with you what I learned.
1. GOD—Spend some quality time with HIM. During my awful hiatus and lack of inspiration the past few weeks, the first thing I noticed when took some time to reflect was how little time I was giving to my lord and savior Jesus Christ. I know for me personally, I can tell a huge difference in my mood, energy, productivity, and everything else when I make time to spend with God alone reading my bible in the word. If you haven’t done this lately and you feel yourself slacking, I highly suggest taking sometime growing closer to Him.
2. MUSIC—I don’t know about you but I personally feel like there is a playlist for every mood. There is honestly nothing that music can’t help cure just a little bit. Whenever I start to feel myself getting off course, one of the first things I do is turn to my Dream Live Ball playlist on Spotify filled with songs that push, inspire, and motivate me. If you don’t already, I highly recommend making a playlist of songs to that do the same for you to help you when you’re in a funk.
3. ENVIRONMENT—Believe it or not, your everyday environment and surroundings have a huge impact on what you think, feel, and produce. I’m currently sitting here in the local library writing this and I’ve never felt more refreshed. Sometimes it helps sparks your creativity to get out of what feels comfortable and work in a new location. As much as I love my room, lately I haven’t been able to get any work done there, so today I set out to go somewhere new, came across the library and in only three hours I feel like I have already accomplished so much.
4. ROUTINE—Change your routine. There’s a reason you’ve been a funk lately so continuing to do the same thing each day won’t help you break the cycle and get out of it. Switch things up a little bit and find something new that works. Wake up earlier, change your diet, take lunch a different time, workout, switch up your routine after work. Find the time and place where you are most productive, and commit to working then.
5. SOCAL MEDIA—Ditch it for a while. As much as I love twitter, snap, and the gram, we all know that constantly having the urge to tap, swipe, and repost, it can take up a lot of our precious time when we could be getting sh*t done. Log off for a while and put your time and effort into hard work and not the aesthetic of your Instagram feed.
6. GO BACK—Go back when you last felt your goals where on track. One of the main reasons I enjoy to journal and film videos is to always have it as a reference to know how I was once feeling. So do the same, go back to when things were good and remember how it all last felt when you were in your groove. Use those good vibes to guide you, get back on track and get ahold of your goals.
7. GOALS—Reevaluate them. Sometimes life can get so hectic it easy to lose sight and focus of our goals. Check in on them, write them down, and make sure you’re taking steps towards them, not backwards.
8. REST—The main thing is, if you feel yourself getting tired from the everyday pressures of life. Learn to rest, not quit. Sometimes it’s only natural to need a break, to give your mind, body, and soul a break for the work. Learn to rest, not quit and always come back refreshed and ready to work every harder!!!
I love you guys,